Get back to basics My real food approach
One of the things that I am frequently talking about with my clients is taking a real food approach to health. It's often the case that people don't put enough value and thought into the kinds of foods that regularly appear on their plate.
What is this real food?
My real food approach in a nutshell (pun intended) is a lifestyle choice that’s based on the individual supporting their optimal health by eating nutrient dense foods.
Food that comes from the ground, off a tree or from an animal are the most nutrient dense and offers you nutrition in the right nutrient proportions. Therefore we prioritise these foods in your diet as a source of nutrition.
Food that comes from a packet is often loaded with sugar, seed oils and preservatives. These foods are pro-inflammatory and nutritionally poor, so we aim to leave them out of your diet. A real food approach is anti-inflammatory and will assist you to better health, improved energy levels, regulation of hormonal signals, improved performance and recovery.
WHY SWITCH TO A REAL FOOD APPROACH?
· When you eat food that’s nutritionally dense, you won’t feel as hungry as the food you eat will provide satiety.
· Includes antioxidant-rich foods to reduce free radical damage
· It's good for your guts! By switching to a real food approach you ensure that you are consuming enough prebiotics to support your microbiome and overall gut health.
· You reduce and remove foods that are inflammatory in nature.
· It will make you feel good!
OTHER BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE
Reducing muscle pain/soreness
AND THE BIG ONE REDUCING YOUR RISK OF DEVELOPING CHRONIC DISEASE.
If you would like to explore how this approach to nutrition can improve your health
schedule in a FREE 15 minute introduction consultation