Brazil Nut and Hemp Dukkah
This Dukkah uses brazil nuts the best food source of selenium which is an important antioxidant and is an important nutrient for your metabolism of your thyroid hormones.
It is ready in as little as 10 minutes
½ cup Brazil nuts
3 Tbsp black sesame seeds
3 Tbsp hemp seeds
3 tsp ground coriander
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp celtic OR himalayan salt
½ tsp black pepper
1. Roughly chop nuts OR pulse in a food processor
2. Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan until fragrant and aromatic, tossing regularly to avoid burning
3. Add nuts, spices, salt and pepper and toss until aromatic and fragrant
4. Allow to cool and add hemp seeds
5. Store in an airtight container in the fridge
This recipe first appeared in the 2020 Holistic Health Magazine for this recipe and many others grab a copy here.
As always I would like to advise that this is general information only and is not a substitute for individual nutritional advice.
Please click here to book your free 15 min introduction consult with me to discuss how I can help you improve your health. I am currently available either by phone OR zoom, or get in touch with me here and fill out the contact form on the website.